Server/ Wait staff - Seasonal/On Call
SUMMARY: Arrives at site of event, and is responsible (as a member of the team) for set up of dining room and cocktail area in a consistent fashion within the time frame allotted under the direction of the Lead Server. Servers will pass hors d’oeuvres, clear dishes and other debris during cocktail hour, keep hors d’oeuvres tables filled and clean. Servers will also be assigned to additional tasks prior to dinner service as the need arises, such as helping with the kitchen, making salads, lighting candles, etc.. Servers will be expected to maintain a gracious manner with all guests and uphold our high level of service. Service of all meals will be directed by the Lead Server and will be covered during initial training and will be repeated during pre-meal meetings. Servers will be responsible for complete dining room duties to include clearing of all dishware/glassware as directed, crumbing tables, and removing soiled linens if required. Prior to leaving any event all Servers will be checked out by Lead Server. Servers agree to work all scheduled shifts and to follow all rules discussed during orientation.
The essential functions of the job for the position of Server/Wait staff include the following:
• Attendance – must be able to maintain a regular and reliable attendance record
• Normal work hours – Must be able to work under the supervision of C and J Event Group, LLC during normal work hours
• Overtime – Must be able to work overtime when needed including emergency overtime and during busy times of the year
• Holiday work – Must be available to work holidays when needed
• Physical standards – Must meet the minimum physical standards as set by C and J Event Group, LLC. Physical standards include ability to lift 50 pounds, carry 25 pounds, and stand for 6-8 hours in a day
• Driver’s license – Must maintain a current valid automobile driver’s license if required as part of the job
• Driving record – Must maintain a good driving record if required to drive as part of the job
Some additional specific functions of the job:
- Cloth tables, set tables, set out condiments, and keeps water glasses filled
- Takes direction from lead server during cocktail hour
- Serves each course as set in training and reviewed in pre-meal meeting
- Clears each course according to direction of lead server
- Organizes clearing trays in an orderly fashion
- Keeps iced water and bread filled at each table
- Clears and crumbs tables when meal is completed as well as removing all salt and peppers, tray stands, etc.
- Removes soiled linens to linen bag
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by lead server
- Assist back of house wherever necessary
The functions for this job position listed above are not all-encompassing and may require you to do other functions.